Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

I have been planning to write a blog since 2008...

 I have been thinking about doing this for a long time but was not sure how to get started. Well I am still not sure but decided now or never so here I go...

I have been a teacher of students with low incidence issues since 2006. Low incidence disabilities mean my students are low in numbers because they have some of the most complex challenges which act as barriers to their ability to learn. This does not mean they can not learn it just means that as their teacher I have to think like a "learning engineer". 
In order for my students to learn they have to have access to the curriculum as do all learners. This requires that the learning environment be thoughtfully planned and engineered for the student to have access to the curriculum. 

Access is the first part and ability to participate is the second part of the equation that results in success for my students. Through this blog I will share some of the ideas and thoughts I have gathered over the last 8 years. 


No comments: